Friday, November 30, 2012

That inappropriate joke



How about that Cheese!


Anyone who knows me is well aware of the fact that I enjoy a good laugh, but more importantly I love a good joke. Who doesn't, right? Relax...I'm not referring to immature/insane frat boy like practical jokes where there is a risk of public humiliation and/or possible death, just good ol' wholesome fun. 

Laughter is a key ingredients in living a long life they say, and with that information in tow I'm constantly ready to laugh, laugh and then laugh some more. Alright, with that said...yesterday someone let me know how at times my sense of humor could be misinterpreted and considered inappropriate and sometimes a bit insensitive. Although I beg to differ I am well aware that 'how it was perceived takes precedent to how it was stated'. I could do nothing but take this to heart and simply pledge to work on myself. I mean what else could I have said? 

To be completely honest, I get it. We all don't share the same sense of humor. I can tell you first hand that I have never laughed at any of my parents "back home" jokes. Forget laughing, at times I get visibly upset as I feel that they are abusing the great phenomenon of laughter. It literally sounds as if they are calling out a city name only to burst out in tearful laughter. 

So the dilemma remains, to joke or not to joke?