Monday, February 07, 2011

My vision, my life!

As a child my parents forced me to do many things that I hated at the time; I had to go to church, I had to exercise, I was not allowed to beat my siblings, I had to eat vegetables, I had to play with my younger siblings, I had to comb my hair, I had to study...the list just seemed to be endless. I remember getting extremely frustrated and one time found myself wishing that one day my real parents, the King and the Queen would come and get me, and bring to my real home, the castle. YES, my imagination was extremely vivid, still is! Once I got older I understood why all those rules and regulations (yes, in my house we had regulations and at times even sanctions) were necessary. I truly believe that these rules were what taught me to be a somewhat of an obedient child (although I did break many rules, yes, I know oxymoron, whatever), it also allowed me to be more of a patient person, in all my relationships.


There were many times we swore up and down that we would never allow ourselves to turn into our parents and that we would never put any child through the same type of torture that we had to endure. To us they seemed so strict and unreasonable, and most importantly, so unfair. 


Fast forward about 10 years.


Although I do not have children, yet. I already know that the rules I had to obey are nothing compared to the ones that my children will have to follow, but does it really start there? Most of us have visions and dreams for our lives, some are more clear than others. Mine is to have a happy family, a loving husband, healthy and long lives for my parents, healthy and God fearing children and a career that I love. I'm not sure if I sound greedy, if so, I don't care. I think I deserve it, as all of us do. As I'm getting older I'm realizing that this is not something that one can accomplish alone. There are the obvious parts of our lives that are in God's hands...health and a long life and things of that nature. However, my vision and my dream of raising God fearing, hard-working and obedient children, that are stand-up citizens who love God first and who will grow up to change or at least affect the world in a positive way, is something that I together with the person I end up with will have to work on. 


It's my dream and vision, to share my dream and vision with someone who shares my dream and my vision, get it?! No seriously...get it? Think about it. There really isn't a point in trying to build something with someone who has a completely different outlook on life, it will most likely only lead to conflict. 


No bueno!


According to Dr. Sam Chand, ¨A great vision in a toxic culture is dead¨, I couldn't agree more with this statement. Love is wonderful, but love is not everything and if you're not careful you can fall in love with a devil. This is only to say that two people who plan on spending their lives together must share a vision and a common goal. I truly believe that this is the only way to make it work, but hey, this is just my opinion.


WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???