Thursday, November 17, 2011

Today: Made my heart smile

Here it is again...another great conversation. Driving home today I randomly thought of someone I had not spoken to for a while. I have this rule that when someone crosses my mind I must call them, no it's not superstition...I promise, either way, I picked up the phone and called. The rest is what became a great talk.

It's funny how sometimes the one person that you haven't spoken to for a while will have the most amazing things to say. It may be a few nice words, or a considerate statement, and they may even share an advice or two, not knowing that it was much needed ;) (yes, I'm talking to you). Don't get me wrong...I'm not in a slump waiting to be dragged up, actually far from it, however, everyone needs a shove in the right direction (ever so often). 

That is the most beautiful thing with people such as my friend. They may not be the most tactful individuals, but they will tell you the truth, no matter how many tears you plan on shedding. I know I definitely need to hear it sometimes!! 

So thanks A!

Ps. What does this teach us? Maybe you should call and say hi to someone who has been crossing your mind. You may be a phone call away from some great insight. (Obviously with user discretion).