Monday, October 29, 2012

Picture It

Call me crazy...


I can't explain the reasoning behind what I'm about to say but I strongly dislike having pictures hung on my walls. Pictures of people that is. I've always been like that. In my opinion pictures hung on the walls and refrigerators, or anywhere else that requires a magnet; equals clutter. I can't be the only one who feels this way. 

How about those cute and by cute I mean dreadful little paintings/artworks that children bring home? I'm personally guilty of burdening my parents with hundreds if not thousands drawings/sketches over the years. To be completely honest it didn't really stop until I asked my mother to see all my master pieces, thinking that she had an archive with every thing I ever created. Boy was I mistaken. It was a sunny day during the summer, I must have been 11 or 12. Ok, I was 14, when my mother told me that she had in fact gotten rid of all my drawings. I felt the devastation sink in and how my tiny eyes (pulled back and tightened by the famous hate braid, that's another story) began to fill up with tears. In an attempt to comfort me, she uttered the most non-comforting words I've ever heard 'what do you expect Viktorya, am I supposed to live in this house or your drawings?'. That was the day I realized that placing sentimental value on things was not beneficial in my family.

Now the question is...what will happen once I have children? Will I have pictures of my little angels hanging on the walls?