Monday, October 31, 2011

Food: Pesto Chicken










As I was racking my brain of what to make, this delicious recipe popped into my lovely brain:) Since I was in the mood of something quick and yummy, Pesto Chicken w/ homemade Pesto seemed like a great solution.

1) You will need:
For the Chicken:
1 Pack of boneless Chicken breast
1 Lemon

For the homemade Pesto Sauce:
3 cups fresh basil leaves
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (I use pine nuts)
4 cloves garlic, peeled
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

2) Start with getting all of the ingredients for the Pesto ready and put in a blender and blend into a creamy sauce. Once the the Pesto is done, you should preheat the oven at °350.

3) Clean the Chicken. I always wash my Chicken with lemon and water. When the Chicken is clean you place it in an oven-safe pan and place the Pesto evenly on each piece and put it in the oven for about 18 min. (Check on it).

4) Make a sallad of your choice to go with your meal and maybe a little bit of pasta.

Enjoy!