Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Thank you Stranger!

These past couple of weeks have been really crazy in my world. A lot of things have happened...really good things. Hopefully I'll be able to share it with you guys really soon. It's not that it's a secret but sometimes it's good to keep certain things to yourself, at least for a little while. OMG, I'm totally making myself curious although I know it's not that serious. This blog wouldn't be doing this well if it wasn't for all of you and I'm super grateful that you're even an itty bitty bit interested to hear what I have to say:)

I believe there is something Godly about being able to recognize people and being able to say thank you. In the midst of "hectic life", we sometimes forget the people who encouraged and supported us. Not only the people we know, but even perfect strangers.

I'm talking about you Jack:)

The other day I was doing some research for a client and in the midst of my "have to get this done asap" panic attack I called a company who I thought would be of help. An older man by the name of Jack picked up the phone and what was supposed to be a quick "hi, can you help me" turned into a 45 min conversation over the phone with someone I've never met before. He told me that his beloved Iris had passed away and he told me that he used to be an editor for a magazine during the war. I was fascinated! I kept asking him questions after questions and he seemed to enjoy answering them. He seemed to enjoy sharing what was in his heart.

Eventually I worked up the courage to ask him if I could read a paragraph from my book to him and he graciously said yes. When I was done, it was time for my feedback. I almost held my breath as I thought I would cry once he told me that he hated it...but he didn't! He loved it, and told me exactly what I had to do to get published.

Jack and I are not friends, he's not a friend of the family, nor do we go to the same church or anything of that nature, but yet he inspired me. It was a stranger that God put in my way to move and to inspire me.

I hope that all of you're dreams come true...
...so to sum it all up...

THANK YOU STRANGER!