Tuesday, June 07, 2011

My Lasagna:)

Voila, Lasagna but yours truly!



















After Thompson's consistent repetition in asking me if I can make my lasagna, I decided to grant her wishes. For those who don't know, I have perfected the art of making lasagna. It tastes pretty darn good if I do say so myself:) Jamie, Ali and I were eating our little hearts out. Today we are making Eggplant Parmesan! I would write down the recipe but I am a freestyler. It sucks I know. It's the foreigner in moi that never writes down the measurements. It used to piss me off when my mother never had an accurate number for me as far as measurements and every single time I would get on her about it, she would tell me that cooking is about trial and error...you try you're way to the perfect taste.

Here is the approximate recipe for my lasagna:





Ingredients:

Ground Beef
1 Onion
1 Can of Tomato Sauce
1 Clove of Garlic
Milk
Margarine
Flour
Salt & Pepper
Oregano
Paprika
Vegetable Bulljon
Lasagna Pasta
Olive Oil
Lasagna Form
Fresh shredded Parmesan Cheese

Preparation:

Preheat oven, 400
One large onion, finely chopped
One clove of garlic, chopped
Ground Beef, ready as is

Getting down to Business (Meat Sauce):

Over medium heat sauteé onions for about 3 minutes, not until browned, watch them
Add ground beef to the onions and cook until beef is done
Toss in (Lebron style) 1 cube of vegetable bulljon and blend/stir (this would also be a perfect time to practice your Dougie)
Add tomato sauce followed by a can of water (use the tomato sauce can for accuracy, keeping in mind the less water you use the thicker the sauce will be)
Add oregano, paprika, black pepper, salt, garlic (to taste) and stir
At this point all ingredients should be boiling. TURN IT OFF!

Getting down to Business in a small pot (White Sauce):

Turn stove on medium heat and...

*Continuously whisk the following ingredients (may result in Michelle Obama arms, if so, I'm patenting it and selling the idea on QVC)

Add 2 table spoons of margarine, don't be shy
Add flour
Add milk, (I do 1%, but whole milk is best) Remember friends, I am on the curvier side, almost plump:)

*This is where it gets a bit tricky. Since I don't know the exact measurements I can only tell you that the goal of the white sauce is to make it creamy but not too thick...we are not trying to make lotion here.    

Construction:


Grab form and start building your lasagna...

In the following order,

1. Meat Sauce, in the bottom of the form
2. White Sauce
3. Parmesan Cheese
4. Pasta

*I usually top it off with the sauces and the cheese...but at this point it will taste the same either way you stack it...so feel free to do whatever makes you happy.

Bon Apetit:)