Sunday, September 11, 2011

ADAM TENSTA//Scared of the Dark!!!

Music lovers everywhere are falling for Adam Tensta. Whether a Hip Hop fan or not you can't deny the talent of this young Swedish hit maker. His debut Album 'It's A Tensta Thing' earned him a Swedish Grammy. Not too shabby, if you ask moi!!


VA: So I understand that Tensta is your artist name. Where does it come from?

AT: I took the name Tensta from the place Tensta. A project on the north-west side of Stockholm.

VA: As you know, my name is Viktorya Abraham, what would my artist name be? You never know, I might start rapping. (Don’t worry, if I do, we’ll definitely do a duet)

AT: Well, where are u from? U should do the same thing I did, name yourself after the place u from:)


VA: Ok. I'm from Hjällbo...so, Viktorya Hjällbo from now on:)


AT: Hjääällllboooooooo!
VA: Yeah, baby!

VA: You’re from Sweden. What’s the hip hop industry like over there?

AT: Well, Hiphop has been around as long as I have lived, so it's not a new genre any more. It's well grown into the everyday life of the average Swedish person under the age of 25. Sweden has been a stronghold for Pop and Rock music for a long time and it's only now that Hiphop is starting to get the recognition it deserves.

VA: Name your favorite Swedish rapper (besides yourself, of course).

AT: Hmm... I would have to say Dida or Eboi. Coincidentally they're the other two aritsts under the RMH MGMT imprint.


VA: Eboi and I went to college together...good times! He is definitely one of my faves as well. Super smart and talented! That's my boy!!!

VA: What American artist would you like to work with and why?

AT: There's a long ass list of artist that I'd like to work with. A list too long for this interview. A couple of names from it are: André 3000, Lupe Fiasco and Kanye West.

VA: I heard Perez (Hilton) was promoting you. That’s pretty major, I’ve also heard several people in the industry mention you. How does that make you feel?

AT: It's all strange to me, I began my musical adventure thinking I did music for 50 people. So when my videos started hittin' millions on views on Youtube it became unreal. I started hearing that people all over the world were listening to my joints. I'm humbled by it, though I still think it's strange.

VA: Do you have a girlfriend (inquiring minds would like to know)?

AT: Yes, but I'm bad at remembering specific dates, so don't ask me about how long I've had one.

VA: Beamer, Benz or Bentley?

AT: Subway. Don't plan on getting a drivers license any time soon.

VA: Aha, an environmentalist...I like:)

VA: Do you have any plans on doing a US tour, if so when?

AT: No plans for a tour right now, but I'll holla when I do.

VA: Chocolate or vanilla?

AT: Chocolate. Easy.

VA: Are you “Scared of the Dark”?

AT: Yes. That's why my album is titled Scared Of The Dark. I'm scared of the darkness within me.


VA: Go get it people!!!

VA: Who’s the prettiest girl in the universe (you cannot choose moi or your mommy?

AT: Rosario Dawson.

VA: If you weren’t doing music, what would you be doing?

AT: Glass. Creating glass.

VA: Finish this sentence: Money is…

AT: …the key to a lot of closed doors.

VA: What is the most important thing that you have learned so far, on this road to stardom?

AT: That nothing is free of charge. If you want something, go and get it through hard work and planing.

VA: What’s the name of your favorite blog (hmm?)?

AT: I keep my eyes on a lot of blogs. Yours is def one of em:)


VA: How sweeeet <3

Check out these videos!!!

Smooch!


Ps. Keep an eye out for my single...Viktorya Hjällbo!