Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Question from a reader...

Question:


Hey Victoria,

First Lemme tell u am a big fan of your shikorina site and i follow ur posts on FB. Do me a favour. I just bought this black blazer and I dont know how to wear it. I am more of a tom boy and btw and i dont wear high heels. Am into oxford shoes and converse. Any tips would be highly appreciated. Muchas Gracias.



Answer:


Hi A, 
Hope all is well with you. Thank you so much for taking your time to support Shukorina. Feel free to give me good and maybe not so good feedback:)

Ok...BLACK BLAZER:

I think a black blazer is a must in every girls closet. You can definitely rock you Converse with them...especially if they are white...low or high work.

If you want to stay true to your tom-boyish look...I would do black leggings, high top converse, a fitted dress or maybe even an oversized loose rocker t-shirt (covering at least half of your butt:) and then just throw on your blazer...maybe even roll up the sleeves just to give it a bit of extra personality. Your hair could be in a bun. Add some RayBans and a small messenger bag and you will look HOT!!!! Not to say that you're not already hot. 

Also...I know you say you don't do heels...but there are some great alternatives to the classic girly slingback heel. A great wedge heel doesn't have to be as girly.

Hope this helps:)