Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Chanel Rouge à Lèvres//By: Alex Delotch Davis for Shukorina.com


I just bought my first Chanel lipstick and lip gloss. I was pretty loyal to another makeup brand but after consistently feeling like I wasn’t getting the service I wanted at the counter, not to mention always feeling crowded out by other shoppers, at which point the salesperson would be torn between finishing what we started and capturing the sale at the other end of the table, I decided to see what a high-end makeup shopping experience felt like. I was not disappointed.

For starters, there aren’t too many people spending $30 on a lipstick so I didn’t have to peer over several lady’s shoulders to get a look at the selection, which, incidentally, was much smaller than my former favorite, i.e. less overwhelming. Second, the service was fantastic. The clerk was pleasant and even eager to help me find the right color, and she did!  I’m no makeup expert; clothes, yes, makeup, no. If I come to a makeup counter it’s because I need help. I would rather spend $30 on one lipstick that works than $30 on 5 that don’t (that’s what happens to me when I try to buy drugstore style). 

So you see, it’s actually a savings and I felt totally good about my purchase. The color is saturated and the lip gloss gives shimmer without turning my lips into fly paper (seriously, I know somewhere in the world someone has had a bug get stuck in that lip glue). A friend told me that her friend told her that the Chanel gloss will last me a really long time. I hope that’s true…since there goes my lipstick budget for the month.

By: Alex Delotch Davis for Shukorina.com