Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Uncle Michael - A celebrated Scandinavian Designer

How lucky am I...my uncle Michael Persson Carling (my auntie Saba's husband) is one of the most talented, I would say THEEE most talented but since we're family...bla, bla...nepotism, you know what I'm trying to say. Either way, he has been making jewelry ever since I was a little girl. I grew up around his shop (yes, I'm proud:). His line is called MPC and his work has been recognized all over the world from Stockholm to Tokyo, to Sydney (Australia) to Holland (www.m-p-c.com). He works in gold, silver, platinum, diamonds and other precious stones. My aunt Saba is a creative force in her own rights. She is the designer of her clothing line "Saba", we'll talk more about that later. I actually have two rings from MPC, maybe this posting will get me more. I've had my eyes on this gigantic diamond ring for years...I know it's been sold but maybe something similar to it (I'm not greedy).

Definitely check it out.



Ps. I'm really not greedy, but I kind of feel like picking a fight with someone. Something like this would be the perfect "forgive me" gift. Hmm...maybe Sineet.

3 rings in gold, silver and diamonds

3 rings in gold and diamonds

Love combination I, Love, You

Pillow rings in gold and diamonds

Pillow bracelet in gold and diamonds