Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Earth Day - 'A Billion Acts of Green'

Earth Day is here!!! Finally! Just kidding, but I am kind of excited. This years Earth Day theme is; "A Billion Acts of Green". The whole idea is to encourage the people of the world to become more aware of the non friendly environmental pressure that we are putting our planet through. This is a people powered campaign created to generate a billion acts of environmental services and advocacies. If you think about it, it's actually pretty scary. I mean...if this planet doesn't work out; where do plan on moving to?? Alaska?? Newsflash, it's on this planet. I'm just saying! In honor of Earth Day, Starbucks are giving you a free coffee, all you have to do is bring a mug. Pretty cool for all you coffee addicts (Jamie Thompson).

Even my darling Pharrell is very serious about the environment. He has teamed up with the people at Bionic Yarn to create environmentally sustainable fabric. Pharrell is both owner and investor as well as the spokesperson for this two year-old textile firm based in New York. I like, I like:)

This actually reminds me of my days in undergrad when I designed dresses for Groundwork Providence. They were made out of my old vogue covers...my friend Semira and I were sweat-shopping it in our living room for days. Mama mia, she is such a good and supportive friend!

Go out there and join this movement and see what you can do.

Pharrell Williams