Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter my lovely Friends:)

Every time any type of holiday or special occasion comes along I can’t help but to miss my parents. They always celebrated every single birthday, holiday and New Years Eve with a party. No matter what, we always had fun. My mother would wear her traditional Eritrean clothing with her best gold for every one of our events and my father would compliment her several times throughout the night. It was beautiful. She would make everything that we loved and we would spend the entire night laughing, discussing, arguing, and laughing some more. Ever since I moved away from home (to another part of the world) I can’t help but to feel as if I’ve lost some of the traditions that my parents thought me. There are certain things that stuck with me such as; to not eat infront of the tv, to be organized and to keep a clean house, but when it comes to the festive stuff, I totally suck. Maybe it’s the fact that I don’t think I can make it as fun as my mamoshka, whatever it is, it’s going to change, starting tomorrow. Sooo, in honor of my new found party-animal side, I have decided to throw an Easter Sunday picnic party for a couple of my friends and my love (if he doesn’t consider the picnic thing to be too annoying/too girly). First we're going to church in the morning (as always) and then we're off to the park, or I'm off to the park. Either way :) I may even wear a traditional dress in order to make it more real.

Very exciting!

What are you guys doing tomorrow? Whatever it is, I hope you have a beautiful day with your loved ones filled with love and laughter.


Identical to the eggs we you used to get:) (sweet memories).